FAST NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS

Saturday, June 16, 2007

DIETS WEIGHT LOSS - WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM - FAST WEIGHT LOSS DIET PROGRAM

The Truth (About Breakfast) Shall Set You Free

June 15th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
I was sitting in the dining room of the hotel I'm staying at in New York eating breakfast this morning, minding my own business, when a couple came in and sat at the table next to mine.

Now, I'm not one to eavesdrop, but their conversation was loud enough that I couldn't help but overhear it.

Husband: "Honey, you ought to try the shittake omelets, they're excellent". (BTW, I have trouble writing 'shittake' without giggling)

Wife: "You know I can't eat breakfast, I'm trying to lose weight."

Sure enough, I glanced over at their table out of the corner of my eye, and saw the wife sitting there with a cup of tea and nothing else.

If I was the kind of guy who jumped into other people's business, I would have  pointed out to her that the shittake omelet (hee hee) is actually a GREAT breakfast to help her lose weight: eggs are incredibly healthy, as are mushrooms.

I would have went on to point out to her that research has shown that eating a healthy breakfast is ESSENTIAL to weight loss. It helps prime your metabolism to burn fat all day,it gives you energy to meet demands at work and at home, and has even been proven to help limit overeating at night!

I would have reminded her that breakfast is the best meal to get a wide variety of nutrients at, because you can eat dairy, fruits, cereals, eggs and meat all at once.

Heck, if she was receptive to what I was telling her, I may even have shared this awesome breakfast pita recipe I swiped from webmd.com with her:

Pita-Licious Breakfast

Ingredients

2 small whole wheat pitas
2 whole eggs (or 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites)
2 Tbsp. low-fat buttermilk
1 medium baking potato, scrubbed and diced into small ½-inch cubes
1 green or red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook onion and peppers on medium heat until softened. In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add buttermilk. Add to pan and cook together with vegetables until done. Serve with toasted pita. About 330 calories, 15 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat (no trans fat).

But, I'm not the kind of person to stick my nose into other's people business.  So I made a note to come home tonight and write this post to share the importance of breakfast with you who may be interested.

Mom was right; breakfast really IS the most important meal of the day.

Coming Soon to a Drug Store Near You – The Mother of All Side Effects

June 13th, 2007 by loseweightwithme

Have you heard of Alli? If you haven't, you soon will.

Alli is the first (and only) FDA-approved, over-the-counter weight loss product. It's manufactured by drug giant GlaxoSmithKline, and they're sinking $150,000,000 into a marketing campaign to make sure you hear about it, and hopefully whip out the wallet to hop on the Alli bandwagon.

Apparently, it works by blocking fat absorption by about 25%. Of course, this fat still has to leave your body, but we'll talk about that in a minute.

Provided you're eating a low fat diet, eating less than normal, and are exercising, Alli will help you lose 25% more weight. So, in other words, if you eat low fat, eat less and exercise your way to a 10 pound weight loss, Alli will sky rocket that loss all the way to 12 pounds. Yep…and for only $54 a month.

And oh, by the way, there are a couple of side effects.

Remember, Alli works by blocking fat from being absorbed by your system. But this fat still has to exit your body, and there's only one way for it to do so. :-)

Because of the limited exits, the side effects of Alli include loose stools, intestinal gas…and intestinal gas with an "oily discharge".

An "oily discharge".

I don't know about you, but where I come from, that's called "crapping your pants".

Personally, that's a bit more than I'm willing to risk to lose 2 pounds.

Don't get me wrong, I can see where Alli taken as directed could benefit someone. But the whole thing I want you all to keep in mind is that it only works as a supplement to eating a low fat diet, eating smaller portions and exercising.

So before you run out and spend $54 a month hoping for a magic bullet of weight loss, make sure that you're taking the basic steps of good nutrition and exercise that we talk about here every day.

And make sure you keep a spare pair of undies in your desk drawer.

6 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Journey to Fit and Thin by Walking

June 12th, 2007 by loseweightwithme

One of the most frequent questions I get asked is, "I want to start exercising. What's the best exercise for me to do when I'm so out of shape?"

Without fail, my answer is, "Walking".

It's how I started exercising. I was so heavy and so out of shape that when I first started that I couldn't walk more than 10 minutes. I bet a lot of you are in the same boat.

And you know what? That's OK. All that matters is that you start MOVING, even if it's for ten minutes or less.

By all means, I believe walking is the best exercise for you if you are just starting out. Here are 6 reasons why you should start walking tomorrow, IN ADDITION to the fact that it will help you start losing weight:

  1. De-stresses you after a busy day – You've been cooped up working or running your butt off all day. Take a few minutes to relax and enjoy the scenery.
  2. Helps more oxygen to the brain – Walking increases your circulation and helps get more oxygen to your brain. This helps all of your thinking processes.
  3. Decreases risk of dementia – There's evidence that the age groups more prone to dementia and help keep it at bay by walking.
  4. Helps fight osteoporosis – The act of putting your weight on your knees and other joints help makes them stronger. This in turn helps you fight off osteoporosis.
  5. Requires no special equipment or skills — And you've already been doing since you were about 12 months old! :-)
  6. Lets you spend more time with family and friends – Why not spend 30 minutes in the evening enjoying your kids or your spouse instead of in front of the TV?

SPECIAL, NO-COST BONUS 7TH REASON – It'll even help you sleep better!

There's an old saying that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. There is no place where that is as true as in weight loss. So go ahead…put on your tennis shoes and walk to the end of the block and back. It's a simple start, and the payoff is huge!

Are You Gellin'?

June 11th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
Man.  The lengths that people will go to lose weight.

Check out this article at Wired.com  about a new diet pill being tested in Italy.  It's made of gelatin, and after it's swallowed it expands to the size of a tennis ball.  It's meant to be used as an appetite suppressant; start feeling hungry, take 2 and drink a big glass of water.

Personally, I would rather eat something if I'm feeling hungry.

In my humble opinion, this is just another weight loss gimmick that will lead to disappointment for someone who wants to lose weight.  Like so many other things, it does not address the behavior that needs to change.  It's designed  to appeal as a "no-effort" weight loss aid.

Beware when things like this are offered as an easy way to lose weight.  Avoid things that don't help teach you new behaviors.  Use caution if it does nothing to help you become fitter.

Why in the world would you want to  fill your stomach with a gelatinous mass when you could fill it with fruit,veggies, meat or hundreds of things that taste good and are good for you?

I just don't get it.

Wow

June 10th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
I am honored, humbled and overwhelmed by the response to the post I made yesterday asking for you to tell me what information you'd like for me to provide to help you lose weight. I will use the information you gave me as the base of future posts.

I was truly not prepared for all of the kind words from so many people letting me know that, in some small way, I'm helping them lose weight and get fit. I promise to continue to do everything in my power to help you learn about the best way to lose weight.

To all those who have emailed; I will be responding to each one of you personally.  I will try to get this done in the next couple of days.

Please feel free to let me know ANY TIME what I can do to help you on the journey to fit and thin.

Thanks to all who responded.

Brian

7 Ways to Burn More Calories this Week

June 10th, 2007 by loseweightwithme

I hope that you are exercising at least 3 times a week.  It's essential, not only to lose weight, but to make your weight loss permanent.  Like I've said many times, it doesn't have to be anything intense, especially if you are first starting out.

In addition to any calories you may burn while exercising, you can also start incorporating other calorie-burning activities into your daily life.  That way, you'll get the cumulative effect of exercise and these activities, and your weight loss should become even more efficient.

Here are 7 things you can do this week to start harnessing this cumulative effect:

  1. Pack a picnic and hike to a beautiful picnic spot – burn 238 calories in a half-hour of hiking.
  2. Take a self-defense class – GREAT way to burn 340 calories in a half hour.  Take a class 2 or 3 times a week and the weight will melt off!
  3. Take your spouse/significant other dancing – dance the night way and burn 105 calories every half hour.
  4. Pick your own berries – you know you should be eating more fruit anyway, right?  Why not burn some calories while getting your berries?  About 100 calories in a half hour.
  5. Why stop at berries — Heck, why not grow a garden of fresh veggies?  Eat healthy and burn 135 calories every half hour of gardening.
  6. Help out your Humane Society – help walk the dogs and burn 100 calories every half hour.  By the way, my wife does this and loves it!
  7. Take the kids to the park and climb on the equipment with them – Makes your kids happy AND burns about 160 calories in a half hour.

This list of 7 activities is by no means complete.  Think of it has a start, and let us know what other activities you can do to help burn more calories.

Summer is nearly here, so this is a great time to start doing more, moving more, and getting the cumulative effect of calorie burning!

So, What Do You Want?

June 9th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
Good morning, all –

Well, my wife is here in New York for a visit this weekend, so I don't have a whole of time to post.  We're pretty busy enjoying the big Apple.

So…I'm going to ask you guys for posts instead. :-)

Specifically, what I'd like is to hear  is exactly what kind of information you would like me to post in order to help you lose weight and get fit.  More exercise related information, nutrition info, diet recipes, supplements, motivation…what ever you need to help you, please let me know.

What I will do then is to use the information you provide to plan out future posts and info.

So please either leave a comment to this post, or feel free to email me at loseweightwithbrian @ gmail dot com.  There's a link over on the right hand side to email me.

Please, the more specific  you are about what kind of information you need, the better I will be able to use it to provide good information to you.

Thanks a bunch, guys…I appreciate it.

For Pizza Lovers

June 7th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
Man, I LOVE pizza.

Honestly, I could eat it a couple of times a week.  I don't of course, instead choosing to eat it every week or two.  And when I do eat pizza, I prefer to make my own.  That way, I can control the type and amount of ingredients.

If you're a pizza lover like me, I've got another recipe for you to try.  This is for a whole wheat pizza crust.  Pretty simple to make, just add toppings and you have a delicious, home-made, not-quite-as-bad-for-you, pizza!

Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
Other spices (basil, oregano); minced garlic and garlic salt are optional

Combine dry ingredients. Mix well, then add milk, oil, and (optional) spices. Mix well again. Press onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick olive oil. The crust should be about approximately 14 inches in diameter. Snip edges by "hash marking" half an inch into the rim of the crust all the way around. Cuts should be about a half-inch apart.

Bake at 425 F for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and add toppings. Put back into oven for an additional 10 to 12 minutes.

Enjoy!

A Slight Delay

June 6th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
Hey, guys — had a busy day at work, I'm super tired, got to do laundry, the Stanley Cup finals are on and I gotta get ready for my wife coming to NY for a visit tomorrow.

Will you forgive me if I don't post tonight?

Shed the Sugar

June 5th, 2007 by loseweightwithme
One of the best things to do to start losing weight is to cut sugar out of your diet.  I think it's one of the main contributors (along with processed foods, portion sizes and too many grains) to our society's weight problem.

The thing of it is, though, is that many people don't know where to start shedding the sugar.

If you're one of those people that don't know where to start, here's an article about getting off sugar that you're going to want to read.  It's going to help you learn your "sugar truth:"  :-)

Those of us who are "emotional eaters" (and yes, that's me) will find this article particularly helpful.  But emotional eater or not, it will serve all of us well to get the sugar out of our systems.

If you can wean yourself off of the sugar, you have taken a HUGE step towards getting fit and thin.

An Emotional Eater Breaks the Cycle

Roberta Perry says she used to be an emotional eater who ate whenever she felt angry or depressed. But she has managed to get off that cycle. She has changed her lifestyle and has decided to focus on her cholesterol level rather than her weight.

Perry has lost 75 pounds. She has gone from morbidly obese to obese. She used to weigh 325 pounds and she is now down to 250.

 

Miracle herb quick weight loss

WWW.MELTFAT.CO.UK

 

Herbal diet secrets

        WWW.MELTFAT.CO.UK

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home